Adventure Therapy International Committee (ATIC) invites written proposals from interested parties wishing to host the Tenth International Adventure Therapy Conference (10IATC) in 2024
Proposals shall be received by ATIC by 1 Dec 2020 (see contact details below). The successful host will be decided in ATIC meeting on 4 Feb 2021 and will be expected to present plans for 10IATC during the ATIC pre-conference gathering on Sunday 20th June 2021 in Kristiansand, Norway, and at the 9IATC itself.
Please use the following format for your proposal. Proposals are to be 3-4 pages in length (approx. 2000 words) and include the following information:
- Information about the host committee
- List applicant’s credentials and history in event planning or plans to use event services.
- List key host committee members names and affiliations.
- Resources of host group
- List sponsoring organization(s) and brief history, as well as allied/supporting organizations.
- Identify national AT networks or organizations
- List financial resources secured and proposed
- The proposed location
- Identify specific town and region
- Describe benefits of, and access details for this location
- Identify any social-cultural-political-health risks associated with this location
- The proposed venue
- Identify specific venue and its capacity
- Describe rationale for venue
- Community resources to support the conference
- Describe community amenities relevant to hosting
- Describe potential for community engagement (e.g., local AT programs)
- Consideration of carbon footprint
- Describe efforts to reduce waste and minimize environmental impacts
- Possible theme(s) for the conference
- Describe how these theme(s) address current AT needs, issues and/or future direction
- Describe how these theme(s) will be enhanced by the host location, venue, and/or resources.
- Outline processes for “Call for papers and workshops”, IAT promotion and marketing plan
- Proposed budget
- Outline of projected number of delegates, expected and forecast income and expenditure
- Estimate of delegate registration cost(s)
- Name and contact details of convener(s), including telephone number, postal- and email address.