We're looking forward to having you with us at the 8IATC...
What's included in the registration fee?
- All conference sessions - five days of exciting professional collaboration
- All accommodation for the duration of the conference
- All meals for the duration of the conference
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Social events every night
To help you afford the 8IATC, we've worked hard to gain sponsors and keep costs down. We've also worked to make sure there are limited extra costs. You can keep your own costs down by booking early, applying for a scholarship or by registering as a volunteer.
If you need another reason to commit, consider this: Because these conferences only happen once every three years, it's unlikely we'll see another IATC on Australia shores for 20 years or more!
Special "Get in early" price is now open until January 31st
See links to student, volunteer and scholarship applications
|Special "Get in early" rate - book before January 31st 2018 for this great rate.||$ 750.00|
|Standard delegate rate - standard rates commence on Feb 1st 2018 until sold out (including all Presenters).||$ 825.00|
|Student rate - for people studying a related course full time. Please submit your student details here for approval to register at the student rate.||$ 525.00|
|Scholarship rate - for people experiencing significant barriers in affording standard delegate rates. Please submit your details here to register interest for a scholarship.||$ 525.00|
|Volunteer rate - apply to be a volunteer if you are willing to give 20 hours of time to the conference during the 8IATC. Please submit your details here to register as a volunteer.||$ 400.00|
|Single Day rate - for people who wish to attend daytime sessions only. This rate does include food but does not include any accommodation.||$ 220.00|
|Family rate - for delegate's partners & older children (aged 12+). This rate includes all accommodation and food, attendance at Opening and Closing ceremonies and all evening Social events. This rate does not include conference sessions.||$ 450.00|
|Children rate - for delegate's children aged 3-11. This rate includes all accommodation and food, attendance at Opening and Closing ceremonies and all evening Social events. This rate does not include conference sessions.||$ 400.00|
|Infant and young child rate - for delegate's infants and young children aged 0-3. This rate includes all accommodation and food, attendance at Opening and Closing ceremonies and all evening Social events. This rate does not include conference sessions. Please email Encanta if you require a portacot or other baby bedding.||$0|
|Single room rate (single room supplement) - for delegates who wish to book a single room. Limited numbers.||$ 1,225.00|
|Double room rate (double room supplement) - for delegates who wish to book a single room. Price per person. Limited numbers.||$ 1,125.00|
|Campers rate - for delegates who wish to sleep in an un-powered tent. Please note: campers will need to bring their own tent and bedding.||$ 680.00|
When you register and pay for the 8IATC you'll receive accommodation for the entire Conference. Delegate registration prices include four nights of accommodation from Wed 29th August (arrival) to Sun 2nd September (departure) 2018 inclusive.
Day registration is offered, but does not include accommodation. No part-Conference accommodation options are available.
Most accommodation rooms in the main sites have ensuites and sleep up to 6 people.
There are five types of accommodation available:
- Shared Accommodation: Own bed in dormitory style accommodation. Single or mixed gender available. Shared bathroom.
- Tent sites: Must provide own tent and linen. Shared bathroom. Tent sites are not powered. (Limited sites available).
- Single Room: Own bed in own room for one person. Shared bathroom. (Very limited numbers available at higher cost).
- Double Room: Own bed in own room for two people. Shared bathroom. (Very limited numbers available at higher cost).
- Family Room: Mixed configuration rooms for two adults and two or more children. Shared bathroom. (Very limited numbers).
All rooms are heated, and each bed is supplied with a comforter (thin blanket) and pillow. Linen and towels are to be provided by delegates, or can be provided for an additional $15 per person. Given the nights can be cold, delegates are advised to consider bringing additional blankets or a travel sleeping bag.
For more information on accommodation options please click here.
Once paid, all cancellations and alterations to registrations and accommodation bookings must be made in writing to the Conference Secretariat - . Should you be unable to attend, you can name a substitute attendee. Cancellations due to failure of visa approval will not be refunded. Cancellations and “no shows” that have not been paid will be liable to pay the full registration fee and any incidentals. All approved refunds will be processed after the Conference.
- Cancellations received before Friday 1st June 2018 will receive a full refund less a $150 administration fee.
- Cancellations received between Saturday 2nd June 2018 and before Friday 29th July 2018 will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee and incur any charges for cancellation of accommodation etc.
- Cancellations received after Friday 29th July 2018 will not receive a refund.
The conference organising committee will consider cancellations of registration only under exceptional circumstances.
It is a condition of registration that full payment is received prior to the commencement of the Conference. If full payment is not received, attendees will not be admitted. Payments must be made via Visa, MasterCard or AMEX upon registration.
What Do I Bring?
We offer the following lists as a guide. They are not intended to be a comprehensive list of everything you could possibly need. If in doubt, remember it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...
For sleeping, you will need to bring:
- Linen: 1 base sheet + 1 top sheet + 1 pillow case (OR linen hire is available for $15 per person by prior arrangement)
- Blanket or sleeping bag (a thin blanket is provided, but an additional blanket or sleeping bag is recommended)
- Bath Towel
- Sleep Wear
- Personal Medication
For daytime, we suggest that you bring the following:
- Casual clothing for five days - including some clothing and footwear suitable for outdoor activities
- Warm jumper and / or jacket - evenings can be cool, bring something warm for evening social events
- Rain coat / wet weather gear
- Sun hat and warm hat
- Sun Screen
- Covered shoes (thongs & sandals are not recommended for outdoor use on site)
- Insect Repellent
- Water bottle
Note: Outdoor activities may result in damage / soiling of clothing. Please ensure clothing is suitable for outdoor recreational use.
Extra stuff you might need:
- Notepad and pens (to keep costs down the hosts are not providing stationary)
- Personal coffee mug / cup (to save on washing up)
- Beach towel
- Money (coins for clothes washing machines and vending/ drinks machines)
- Day pack (for bush walking and carrying gear to activities)
- Garbage bag to take wet or dirty clothes home in